If you have been thinking of adding a driveway to your property, it can be hard to figure out what kind of driveway will best suit your needs. Driveways can be made out of a variety of materials, which can also make it a difficult decision. If you need help deciding, here are three types of driveways and advantages of each.
If you are picturing a smooth driveway with a black top, then that driveway has probably been made out of bits of sand, rock, and cement, which when mixed together forms asphalt. Here are some of the advantages an asphalt driveway provides:
- An asphalt driveway can be installed quickly, sometimes only taking one or two days
- If you live in a colder climate, asphalt holds up very well in extreme temperatures
- Paving an asphalt driveway can cost up to one-third less than installing a concrete driveway
If you need your driveway installed quickly, live in a colder climate, and have a limited budget, an asphalt driveway is a great option.
Limestone is a type of rock that is becoming an increasingly popular option for driveways. There are many reasons homeowners choose limestone over gravel and other types of driveway materials. Here are some benefits of a limestone driveway:
- Limestone was a material used when building the Great Pyramid, which means it's durable
- Because it can easily be dyed, limestone is available in a variety of different colors
- Driveways made out of limestone do not require much maintenance
If you want a durable driveway that comes in a variety of colors and that doesn't require a lot of maintenance, limestone is a great option.
Often referred to as cement, a concrete driveway is made up of more than that. This type of driveway is actually made out of crushed rocks, sand, and water, which when mixed together forms a sturdy material called concrete. Here are some advantages to concrete driveways:
- Concrete doesn't get soft in the summer heat, so this type of driveway works well in warmer climates
- Concrete is not as susceptible to getting damaged and can last up to 30 years
- There are many decorative options when it comes to concrete driveways
If you live in a warmer climate, you want something that will last for many years, and would like some decorative options when it comes to designing a beautiful driveway, one made out of concrete is a great choice. For more information, contact companies like R Williams Paving LLC.Share